Discussion Topics

« Return to Announcements

Community Garden

I just sent this blast:

Here is an extract from PPUFFN Network bulletin news and events‏.

There’s movement on a community garden in Middle Park

The Port Phillip Leader recently reported that a group of parents are behind a push for a community vegetable garden to be established in Middle Park. The news item indicates discussions have started between the group of parents and users of the Mary Kehoe community Centre, located in Danks Street. Albert Park mother Talya Samuell, who is part of the parent group investigating the potential of this site, is quoted as saying “there are not many big blocks of land in Albert Park or anywhere in Port Phillip”. Ms Samuel would like to hear from interested parties with gardening or landscaping skills. Email: talyasamuell@hotmail.com. Stay tuned for further updates as they come to hand.

Replies to this Topic

Hi there Andrew and fellow community gardeners,

I saw the blurb too. Are any of the parents on this groupsite? If not, sounds like an opportunity for some collaboration to move the project forward!

Cheers,

Chloe

Hi everyone

We are a group who are interesetd in starting a community garden at the Mary Kehoe centre in Danks street. Our next meeting Is June the 17th at 7pm at the centre. If anyone is interested in coming along you are most welcome. 

We are in the process of establishing a vision, doing a submission for some funding and talking to the council about using this site. 

Its all looking positive and exciting!!

I have just found your groupsite and haven't read all your information. I look forward to finding out what you are doing. Yes an oportunity for collaboration! 

Talya

Hi Talya,

Thanks for letting us know. Unfortunately I cant attend the meeting tomorrow night however would be great to hear more as your project develops. I've found this groupsite to be a good hub for all things related to community gardens, growing plants and food.

Cheers,

Chloe

You must be logged in and a member of this Groupsite in order to post a reply to this topic.
To post a reply, contact your group manager(s) Join this Groupsite

Albert Park Lake Community Garden